Who says frittata’s are only for breakfast? Not me! This veggie frittata is for any meal of the day. Breakfast, lunch or healthy dinner. Why not, right?
Frittata’s are pretty awesome in that they are so versatile. This recipe includes veggies only, but you can add cheese or meats if you wanted to. You can even swap out the veggies I tell you to use for whatever you have in your fridge if you wanted! It’s up to you how you eat your frittata.
This is one of those Paleo recipes that is also vegetarian and Gluten Free. You can make it ahead of time and heat it right up in the microwave later. Or cook and eat right now! You can double or triple the recipe to make leftovers for the week – planning ahead is awesome and saves you time and money! Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Veggie Frittata (serves 1-2)
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 chili pepper, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 TBSP cilantro
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Beat the eggs, add turmeric, salt and pepper, whisk to combine.
- Sauté the chopped onion and garlic in olive oil, add sliced chili and stir. Add sliced zucchini and chopped cilantro, stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture, top with tomato slices. Keep the heat on low and cover. Cook until the eggs are set and firm.
- Transfer to a dish and enjoy.
*Both photos courtesy of Lori Stalteri*