Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. No joke. It truly is. It’s the first fuel you put in your body after 7-10 hours of not eating anything (because you’re sleeping, of course)! Not everyone has time to cook up a big meal, so they either skip breakfast or grab a banana and go. But for those days off when you have time to make something delicious and healthy – try this Carrot, Sweet Potato, Egg and Bacon Hash! You won’t regret it!
Carrot, Sweet Potato, Egg and Bacon Hash
- 1/2 carrot, diced finely
- 1/2 sweet potato, diced finely
- 2 eggs
- 2 slice bacon
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/4 sweet onion, diced finely
- 4 brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Fry the bacon in 1 TBSP coconut oil until done. Remove from pan, and dice up when cool.
- Add other 1 TBSP of coconut oil to the pan. Heat pan and cook up the sweet potato, carrot, onion, and brussels sprouts.
- Add spices, stir and cook until soft.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add to the hash mix, stir well. Cook until the eggs are cooked through.
- Add the diced bacon. Stir and cook until warmed through. Enjoy!
This recipes serves 1-2 people (depending on how hungry you are!) and is 643 calories total.
It’s paleo. And for those looking out for allergies, this recipe is also dairy free, gluten free, wheat free, milk free, peanut free, tree nut free, soy free, fish free and shellfish free.