The Truth about How Much Water Should You Drink Every Day?
Are you drinking enough water? How much water should you drink? The answer to these questions are below. But first I’d like to share with you some awesome water bottles, handmade and so motivating! Great for yourself or a gift! Keep Scrolling for “How much water should you be drinking?”
Water Bottles that will Motivate you and Keep you Hydrated!
NOTE: Click on any of the bottles to shop on Amazon.
Keep Scrolling for “How much water should you be drinking?”
Hope these personalized water bottles make you feel more motivated to drink up! Keep Scrolling for “How much water should you be drinking?”
ARE YOU DRINKING ENOUGH WATER DAILY?
How much water should you drink every day? This is a common question. If you become dehydrated you’ll have a whole bunch of health issues: dry skin, headaches, fatigue, irritability and confusion. Another issue with not staying hydrated is you might confuse your thirst for hunger!
Have you ever heard the phrase: “Drink water to lose weight!” Hydration is one of the biggest keys to health and weight loss. You might be eating because you think you’re hungry, but really you’re just thirsty. This can lead to overeating and potentially gaining weight. This is why it’s highly recommended you drink water and drink it throughout the day. It will keep you from unnecessary snacking and keep you on track with your weight loss.
Some even suggest drinking a tall glass of water before you eat a meal so you won’t overeat. This can also help with weight management.
So, how much water should you drink?
It used to be said “drink 8 glasses of water a day”, but that’s old news. Now, they say it’s best to drink half your bodyweight (in pounds) in oz of water. So, for example, say you weighed 150 pounds, then you should drink 75 oz of water. You might think this sounds like a huge amount, but you can spread it out throughout the day, or work up to drinking that much.
There are also a few actors that might require you drink even more water throughout the day. See below:
When to drink a little extra water…. How much water should you drink when….
You exercise: If you exercise you’re sweating out the water you drink, so we recommend you drink more water than normal when you exercise. Especially if you do an intense workout, drink a lot more water.
You’re in hot or humid weather: If you live somewhere that causes you to sweat more than normal, or you visit a place like this – it’s recommended you drink more water.
You have an illness or fever: If you’re sick, have a fever, are vomiting or have diarrhea you are losing more water so it’s highly recommended you drink more throughout the day.
You’re pregnant or breastfeeding: It’s important to stay hydrated and drink more during pregnancy and while you’re breastfeeding.
Easy ways to get more water in:
- Always have a reusable/refillable water bottle handy. I carry mine practically everywhere with me. It keeps me accountable with my water drinking and it’s helpful to the environment. These handmade personalized water bottles are cute and have motivational sayings on them, or just your name. (see images above for more personalized water bottle ideas).
- Swap water for a soda or coffee each day.
- Keep a glass of water or water bottle at your desk at work or school.
- Be sure to drink a glass of water each hour or 2 throughout the day. This way you’ll be sure to drink enough and spreading it out is best rather than drinking it all at one time.
- Watch your urine color. If it’s light yellow or clear and odorless then your well hydrated. If it’s bright yellow and smells then you’re dehydrated and this will alert you to drink more water!
Post a comment below on how you stay motivated to stay hydrated. What are your water drinking tips? Do you have a favorite water bottle you use?