Below you’ll find the best and super popular recipe: skillet sweet potatoes. Easy to make and hard to keep around because you’ll be scarfing these down in a hurry they taste so good!
Sweet potatoes are high in antioxidants such as beta-carotene, which makes them a healthy food choice. I personally can’t get enough of them! They are one of my favorite healthy carbs. I eat them probably about 4-5 times a week. I bake them, roast them, add the roasted ones to salads, use them in stir fries, pour chili beans on top of a baked sweet potatoe, add them to soups or burritos… the options are endless!
I wanted to share with you a simple side dish recipe using sweet potatoes, which could be an awesome choice for the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc). I never would have thought CINNAMON AND GARLIC would be a good combination, but I promise you its wonderful. Even with the parsley too! Hope you’ll try it and enjoy it. Skillet Sweet Potatoes is easy to make and full of flavor!
For more healthy recipes like this one, try our clean eating meal plan… click image below.
Skillet Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes.
- Heat up a skillet with oil, add the potatoes and stir. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Stir often, making sure not to burn them.
- Add minced garlic, salt, cinnamon and parsley. Stir repeatedly and cook for another 4 minutes. Stir often and try not to burn the garlic.
- Enjoy when done!
- You can roast these too, in the oven, instead if you prefer to do that. I just added all the ingredients to a roasting pan, stirred and baked at 425F for about 25-35 minutes – time varies on oven type and how big you chopped the sweet potato.
Hope you’ll enjoy your holiday celebrations with your family. For more tasty recipes, view our blog.