When I was a teenager I would go stay at my best friends house and her mom always cooked us good dinners. One night she handed me a plate with brussels sprouts on them. Just like most kids my age or even younger children, I had no idea what they were and I was actually afraid of eating them! Now, I LOVE BRUSSELS SPROUTS! Especially roasted brussels sprouts. I cannot get enough! How about you? Were brussels sprouts your worst enemy as a kid or was there another veggie? For some reason it’s hard to get kids to eat veggies – unless you start them at an early age, from what I hear. Now they’re one of my favorite healthy snacks.
We ate vegetables when I was young, just not brussels sprouts. In fact, I have loved broccoli for as long as I can remember and I know that’s one of those veggies that kids scowl at! Must be the color. Anyway. Here is a delicious and healthy roasted brussels sprouts recipe I wanted to share – Spicy roasted brussels sprouts. You can even add diced onion or fresh garlic if you’d like. A great side dish recipe or healthy snack recipe and you can double it and serve it at a group potluck gathering. Hope it’s enjoyed. Pass it along if it is!
Spicy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, sliced in half
- 1-2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or use fresh chopped/minced garlic if you want)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with oil, garlic, salt, and peppers.
- Lay brussels sprouts on a cookie sheet or baking pan in a single layer.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes – check often and pierce with a fork to see if tender. When tender on the inside and crispy and browned on the outside slightly, they are done! Enjoy!