Just looking at this recipe image makes my mouth water. I love stuffed veggie recipes – stuffed mushrooms, stuffed squash, stuffed tomatoes, stuffed bell peppers – the list goes on and on. This recipe is vegetarian, but you could add some protein if you wanted. Sausage might be good. Beans or tofu would even be a good addition.
This is easy to make and if you don’t have one of the veggies, feel free to substitute it for another veggie – cauliflower, zucchini or brussels sprouts might be good additions too. I love versatile recipes, don’t you? What’s your favorite stuffed veggie recipe? Share in the comments below! And tell me how you liked this one if you try it.
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup leeks, sliced
- 1/2 cup swiss chards, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375F. Cover baking sheet with oil.
- Cook quinoa – rinse quinoa, pour over boiling broth, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed, fluff to separate the grains. Set aside.
- Heat up another pan, saute minced garlic and chopped leeks until soft. Add broccoli florets, chopped chards and shredded carrots, stir.
- Mix the veggies into the cooked quinoa. Place the mixture into mushroom caps, sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
- Place stuffed mushrooms into the baking sheet and cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes. Enjoy!
This recipe can be found in our vegetarian meal plans that we create weekly. If you’re interested in saving time on meal planning and want to discover many new healthy recipes, try our meal plans today! We’ve got vegetarian, paleo, gluten free, 17 day diet and a classic healthy meal plan.