Quick, fresh meals are the best! I love meals that I really truly don’t have to “Cook” – first you dirty a bunch of pots and pans, plus you heat up the whole house! It’s so nice to just chop some veggies up and there you have a delicious meal that isn’t a salad! This is one of those meals: Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Avocado Sauce. Simple, no cooking. All you need is a vegetable peeler (or spiralizer, or julienne peeler), a blender (or food processor), a knife, a cutting board, a plate, a fork and an appetite!
Making zucchini noodles (zoodles!) is fun and low carb all the way! We’ve made spaghetti squash noodles with our Primavera Spaghetti Squash Recipe before, but the zucchini noodles in this recipe are raw and it’s so much easier and quicker to make!
This is a Raw food recipe, Paleo recipe, gluten free recipe, vegetarian recipe, vegan recipe and as healthy as can be! Hope you enjoy the simplicity of it. Don’t be fooled by the semi-long ingredients list, it’s mostly just simple spices and you just throw everything together easily. Might take about 10 minutes to make this dish, depending on how quickly you can make the ZOODLES! Enjoy this tasty and healthy lunch idea!
ZUCCHINI NOODLES (ZOODLES) with CREAMY AVOCADO SAUCE
- 2 zucchini
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP water
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/8 cup chopped almonds
- Peel zucchini (if desired) and continue to peel zucchini into “noodles” (zoodles) until you reach the seeds. Save the rest of the zucchini for the sauce. You could also use a spiralizer or julienne peeler if you have on. Place noodles onto a plate.
- Add the rest of the zucchini (with the seeds) into your blender (chop off the ends first).
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the seed and skin. Place into blender.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic clove, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, oil and water to the blender. Blend everything until smooth and creamy. (you could use a food processor for this also).
- Pour the sauce onto the noodles – you could use just half of it if you want and save the rest for later.
- Chop the tomatoes and place on the sauced “noodles”. Sprinkle the chopped almonds, a bit of black pepper (if desired) and enjoy!