We’re all busy, busy bees! Work, school, kids, husband/wife, meetings, pets, doctor appointments, hair appointments, grocery shopping, meal planning, house cleaning, etc, etc, etc. It can take a toll on your health, happiness and quality of life. You might find yourself eating unhealthy meals on a regular basis because of this – our health always seems to be last on our agenda! Sad. But true.
Putting healthy foods in our bodies has got to become more of a priority! It can be so simple just to take an extra hour out of your day to meal prep & cook. You will feel better, look better and you will be happy! I guarantee it! Our meal plans can help with the meal plans, so all you have to do is grocery shop and cook.
I’ve put together a list of quick and healthy dinner ideas to help get you started on your journey of healthy eating. Even if you start with just one healthy meal a day, you’ll at least be one step closer to being healthier and happier. So hopefully these healthy dinner ideas will spark some cooking inspiration and get you to eating healthy at least one meal of the day.
1. Avocado Tacos : one of my favorite quick and healthy dinner ideas. Truly no cooking if you want to have a light dinner – just heat up the tortilla and add diced tomato, avocado, lettuce and some salsa. Easy and surprisingly delicious! If you have extra time you can always cook up some beans as a side dish or to add to the tacos.
2. Asparagus with Poached Egg : Simply 6 ingredients in this one (including salt & pepper). Most people think breakfast when they think of eggs, but why not have this for dinner? It’s got protein and veggies – 2 most important things to have. A favorite when it comes to quick and healthy dinner ideas.
3. Taco Salad in a Jar : Make according to your tastes – use ground beef, ground turkey, ground chicken, no meat, etc. Your choice. You can make ahead of time, too, and store the glass jars in your fridge.
4. Roasted Cauliflower Hummus with Raw Veggies and Whole Wheat Pita : This is one of those awesome light, quick and healthy dinner ideas. So flavorful and you’ll be begging for more.
5. Spiced Chickpea and Squash Wrap : I love wraps, this is just one quick and healthy dinner idea you can make using wraps. You can switch things up and add different beans, add some chicken breast, tofu, veggies, jalapenos, rice, quinoa, etc. It’s up to you to get creative with what you have in your fridge – but for now, just spice up some canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed). Use chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika to your taste. Put into a whole wheat wrap and add avocado slices for added creamy flavor!
6. Roasted Veggie Salad : I love making these – I simply use whatever veggies I have on hand. Chop, toss with some coconut or olive oil, spices and roast for about 25 minutes. Layer over some spinach leaves, add a dallop or 2 of hummus and enjoy!
7. Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms : Another one of those quick and healthy dinner ideas that can be altered to fit what you have in your fridge. Easy and versatile recipe.
8. Tomato Avocado Melt : This recipe is so easy. Slice, layer, heat up and eat. Could be a quick lunch as well. Whatever fits your fancy! Add some spinach or tuna if you want, too. It’s your dinner, make it as you please.
9. Garlic Parmesan Chicken : Another easy recipe with protein – and GARLIC! YUM! You could serve this with brown rice or pasta if you wanted to. And adding more veggies wouldn’t hurt anything!
10. 5 Ingredient Pasta Salad : Yes, that’s right – 5 ingredients make up this healthy and filling salad. The only thing to cook is the pasta and you just throw it all into a bowl and eat up!
Putting a healthy meal on the table can be easy. Keep your fridge and pantry stocked with essentials such as rice, pasta, olive oil, coconut oil, beans, veggies, fruits, lean proteins, nuts and seeds and you will succeed. Always being prepared is helpful. And again, we do create meal plans for any dietary needs, so check those out if you need help with planning and grocery list – we do all that for you to save you time and money! Hope you enjoyed this recipe inspiration for now! Now get cooking!
Photo credit: http://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/, http://simplyhealthyhome.com/ and http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/