Looking for simple and healthy breakfast ideas? Look no further. You can cook up a good meal like this in under 15 minutes. Eating clean CAN be easy! Enjoy it with a piece of fruit on the side if you like or a cup of berries. A well rounded meal with protein, vitamins and healthy fats. See recipe below.
Asparagus with Poached Egg
- 1/4 lb asparagus
- 1 egg
- 1/2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 TBSP parmesan cheese, grated
- Turn asparagus into a bundle with a kitchen twine. Add asparagus in a saucepan filled with 1 inch water. Cover and boil water. Cook until tender.
- On a separate saucepan, boil 4 inch water. Break the egg in a heatproof bowl. Tilt the bowl and transfer egg into boiling water. Cook until white is firm. Remove with slotted spoon.
- Transfer it to a plate on top of asparagus. Sprinkle with olive and parmesan cheese. Add dash of salt and pepper to taste.