Easy Meal Prep Guide for Keto • 5 Easy Steps to Low Carb
We’re on a mission to help you succeed with keto. This easy meal prep guide is one step in the right direction.
I’ve personally found meal prep to make my life easier. Have you tried it?
It’s so great – you basically take one day out of the week to shop, chop, dice, slice, cook, prepare, etc.
So the rest of the week you can enjoy your healthy meals, stay on track. No more worrying about cooking or slipping up by eating something you shouldn’t.
Easy Meal Prep Steps:
1. Decide what meals you will eat. Take some time to decide what you will be cooking.
It could be from recipes you love, recipes you’ve found online or in a cookbook.
If you’re super creative in the kitchen, you could just make it up – grill some meat, cook up some veggies and make it a meal by adding a side of healthy fats.
It’s really your choice what you do and what sounds good that week.
Remember to ask yourself whether you plan to meal prep for all meals or just dinners or just lunch and dinners. What is your plan?
Write out a plan for what you will make each day so you know which meals to cook for on meal prep day.
An example week:
BREAKFASTS: hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, avocado, salami, cheese. (you can prep this by cooking the hard-boiled eggs on your meal prep day)
LUNCHES/DINNERS: meal prepped meals – chicken breasts or canned tuna salad with salad greens, beef patties with stir-fried veggies, pork chops with stir-fried veggies.
SNACKS: nuts, olives, cheese, salami.
~~ On meal prep day: You will prep breakfast, lunches and dinners.
Snacks are easy – no prep needed.
Also some breakfast stuff doesn’t require much prep.
In this week plan (shown above) you would just need to cook – chicken, beef patties, pork chops, stir-fried veggies and hard-boiled eggs.
2. Pick which day you plan to prep. Many people choose Sunday because it’s a great way to get a good start on their work-week.
But not everyone starts a work-week on Monday. So, do what works for you and your schedule.
Note – meal prep takes a good 1-3 hours. Some items might take longer – for example – if you decide to marinate meats.
3. Make a grocery list and go shopping. Once you’ve written out a plan like mine above, you would then create a grocery list.
Remember if you’re cooking for just yourself or your spouse/family, too and double/triple/etc the needed groceries. Then, go shopping!
4. Don’t forget the meal containers. Easy meal prep is more than just cooking, it’s also about finding the right containers for you.
You will be divvying up the food into single servings – adding some beef patties and stir-fried veggies to one container and tuna salad with salad greens to another.
Containers generally are plastic or they sell glass ones too.
Glass is much better in my opinion -they are also heavier – but use what works for you.
Some come with separate sections inside them – so your food can be separated.
Others are just one single section and you just put all the food in there together. Again – whatever you like is what you get! 🙂
5. Get to preppin’! When the day arrives for meal prepping your meals for the week do the following for easy meal prep:
- Wash & chop/dice/slice all vegetables. Cook them up with seasonings you’d like.
- You could make 2 different flavored batches to mix it up.
- An Asian version and maybe an Italian version.
- Stir-fry options are endless!
- You could also roast veggies or steam them.
- Eating them raw is fine as well.
- Season and cook up proteins.
- Once done, you separate out into single-serving containers and refrigerate.
- Don’t forget your healthy fatty food (olives, avocado, nuts, seeds).
Hope you find easy meal prep guide helpful. Please share with your friends and let them know how easy it is to eat healthy and low carb!