14 Low Carb Dinner Ideas
I’ve compiled 2 weeks worth of healthy low carb dinner ideas just for you. Yeah, you! Most are paleo, some can be vegetarian or vegan if you want and I believe all are gluten free (or can be made gluten free!). This collection goes from Thai, to Italian, to Mexican and all around the world in flavors. Need more weekly dinner ideas? Check out our meal plans!
1. Thai Meatball Wraps with Green Tomato Chutney – This spicy, sweet and tangy recipe by I Breathe I’m Hungry is going to knock your socks off! Feel free to use whatever kind of meat you want – ground turkey, ground chicken, ground pork, etc. Wrap the meatball and a bit of chutney in some leafy green lettuce leaves and there you have a tasty low carb dish. Melissa also has written an e-book – The Gluten Free Low Carber – you should definitely check that out too!
2. Zucchini Lasagna with Spicy Turkey Meat Sauce – This recipe is made by Monique at Ambitious Kitchen. It’s all about replacing the noodles with strips of zucchini! Who would’ve thought this could be so fabulous! For the sauce you could leave out the meat if you wanted it to be vegetarian and add more veggies or you could use another protein if you wanted.
3. Shrimp Scampi with Zoodles – This recipe by Karen at Holistically Engineered is a 5 ingredient recipe! So simple, so clean, so delicious looking! You’ve got to try this recipe! Karen is big on 5 ingredient recipes, she’s even written a recipe e-book with 5 Ingredient Grain Free Desserts that you should check out.
4. Balsamic Flat Iron Steak Salad – Made by Peace, Love + Low Carb. Flat iron steak cooked with balsamic and a pile of veggies! Delicious and nutritious! You’ll definitely be eating your colors when eating this salad!
5. Chicken Fajita Soup – Here we have another recipe from Peace, Love + Low Carb. Doesn’t it look fantastic?! This is a slow-cooker (crock pot) recipe, so just throw everything in it in the morning before you leave for work/school/etc and come home to the house smelling divine! Dig in without worrying about cooking!
6. Portobella Mushroom Pizzas – OMG! Have you ever tried something like this in place of traditional pizza? You’ve got to try it. It’s low carb and super delish. You can add any toppings you’d like. Sauce (marinara, pesto, alfredo), cheese, veggies, pepperoni, sausage…. the list goes on and on. Treat it like any pizza you’d have – only this is easier and healthier for you!
7. Baked Chicken Fajita Salad – Delicious recipe from Grass Fed Mama. Baking the veggies and chicken is so much easier than cooking in a pan. Just throw everything on a pan and bake for 30 mins! Easy clean up too.
8. Spaghetti Squash Primavera – This is one of my recipes. I love making pasta primavera, but to low-carb it, just use spaghetti squash as a “pasta”. Still tastes great, yet it’s less guilt! Add any veggies you’d like. I love broccoli, carrot, zucchini, onion and tomato. But any will do.
9. Cheesy Low-Carb Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup – This soup looks sooo good. It’s vegetarian and gluten-free also. You could make it vegan if you wanted by using vegan cheese and coconut or almond milk. Up to you! An immersion blender will be helpful with making this soup – (but a blender would work ok too – just more stuff to clean).
10. Salmon Burgers – This recipe by A Girl’s Kitchen looks good. It’s not really a “burger” recipe, more of a salmon patty or salmon cake recipe. You can cook these up and serve with a salad or some steamed veggies. Simple and low carb, just how we want them!
11. Taco Salad in a Jar – This easy recipe is pretty awesome in that you can prep ahead of time and store in the fridge. It also just looks really cool! Leave out the beans for even lower carb. Get jars like this on Amazon!
12. Fresh Vietnamese Spring Rolls – make these vegetarian or add some shrimp to them. Tons of veggie options – carrots, avocado, sprouts, spinach, cucumber, sweet potato, zucchini, tomato. Dip in some peanut sauce or eat as is. You’ll use Rice Paper Wrappers to make these. Just add them to some warm water and they soften. No cooking needed!
13. Vietnamese Cauli-Fried Rice W/Nước Chấm Sauce – Have you ever made “rice” out of cauliflower? Try it now!! Super low carb idea and replaces the rice in a good way. This recipe from The Urban Poser sounds so fantastic!
14. Savory Bacon Kale Frittata – You can’t lose with a frittata. You can even add any veggies you’d prefer if you like – in place of the ones listed in this recipe. But eating it as is will reap delicious rewards! Cook this whole dish in your cast iron skillet/pan and enjoy.
Hope you enjoy the collection I made. Add these to your weekly meal plans. If you need help making meal plans – I can help! I make them weekly and you can use them if you want. Balanced, 4 meals a day. Check out our keto low carb meal plan here. Try a week for free today.
Thanks for one’s marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading
it, you’re a great author. I will make sure to bookmark
your blog and will come back in the future. I want to encourage you continue your great work, have a nice holiday weekend!